Friday, June 20, 2008

June 18 - Part II

Then I had an evening out with Kem. It ended up being just the two of us, so she introduced me to a fantastic Thai Food hole-in-the-wall. Then we drove around in search of the perfect dessert.

Stopped by Indulgence - closed. Walked into Villa Macri - disorganized and loud and no cheesecake. Finally thought we'd try Ruth's Chris, although we were probably underdressed in capris and t-shirts.

However, that was an interesting experience from the moment we angled through the door. We were greeted by sharp-dressed people who actually made eye-contact. We were catered to and led out to the patio by the crystal fire pit. We were seated alongside a table of 4 out-of-town salesmen and a group of local doctors with accents.

Kem ordered the Chocolate Explosion - and yes, it deserves capitalization. I savored my chocolate mousse cake made for 4! Somewhere between ordering and delivery, Kem texted me, "Dude straight across keeps staring at us did u notice?"

Totally joking, I texted back "No. But we R hot." Conversation continued normally.

About halfway through the yumminess, the businessy guys across from us asked what we ordered, and if they could try some. ?! When Kem said sure, but you'll have to come get it, two of them actually did! And they used our silverware! And they took a few moments to get the full flavor of each sweet and offer their comments (they preferred the Explosion)! At this point, I was trying not to dissolve into giggles, and Kem's eyes were about twice normal size. "OMW! He actually used my spoon!"

Another cup of coffee later, and one of the guys turned around and offered to buy a round, since he ate our dessert and felt bad. He ended up leaving $20 on the table, which pretty much covered our bill. It gave me an interesting birthday memory, as I headed back to real life, where the service isn't always 5 star and often nobody notices when I walk by.

No comments: