Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11 - What is Love?

Scott and I were discussing our different views of the current situation last week. He says, "this is never what I wanted." Then I say, "so change it." This appears to baffle him; he doesn't buy that love is a decision.

He said to me, “if love is a choice, then you can choose not to love”. I think he was implying that I could choose not to love him and this would make everything easier, NOT that he had chosen not to love me. In general he was pointing out that it’s not easy and simple. Too true!

A friend also noted that sometimes we have to let go and just let God love someone. Our imperfect efforts may harm ourselves and the relationship we're trying to maintain. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to follow through well, but I hope I can learn and take healthy steps.

No comments: