Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13 - I Hope I Remember This

In a great post from my pastor last week, he basically says crap happens, respond well. Well actually he says, "life is fraught with unexpected encounters with bile and putrescence." I like that even better.
He notes it is good to remember what is important, to start with the heart. What happens to me isn't as important as what happens in me when something happens to me.
I try to keep in mind Romans 8:28 - "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, who are called according to His purpose." But I'm constantly fighting bitterness and hatred this week. Help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't fight the bitterness and hatred! Recognize that those feelings have arisen in you, allow yourself to experience what they feel like, and know that those feelings don't define who you are.

(Can you feel it? Can you feel my infinite wisdom radiating out through your computer screen?)