Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3 - Birthday Lessons

In two days my son will turn 6! We celebrated early this weekend with a bowling party since Scott was in town. While I don't love shelling out cash for a "theme party", the peace of having everything handled from invitations to food and clean-up is probably worth it. The facility was nice and we had our own party assistant for 2 hours. I think adults and kids alike had a good time together.
Skyler scored bigtime with birthday money and gifts, which is a big deal when you're a kid of course. However, his attitude really warmed my heart. As soon as his older brother started listing off the expensive things Skyler could buy, he said "Stupid people spend their money as soon as they get it" (from Proverbs!) and handed it over to me for safe keeping. How cool is that?! I'm so proud!

2 comments:

~two~ said...

6 years old? It doesn't seem possible...

Anonymous said...

Skyler's a smarty six-year-old! I'm a proud auntie.