Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September 2 - School's in Session

Well, for the boys, anyway. Seth entered 4th grade, which is in the "bigger kid" Intermediate building, with "pods" and larger lunch portions. He's pretty excited about lunch, and said the rest of the day was passable. No homework yet, so we'll see how it goes.
Skyler started 1st grade at the Primary School. He already thinks his teacher, Mr. Cook, is smart and funny, which is the perfect icebreaker for Skyler. He's so wound up that he's still jiggling all over in his bed, creating war games with his hands, despite taking Benadryl over an hour ago. I think he may be my "night person".
A cool thing about Edwardsburg School System is that this year they are launching e-announcements. This means less paper, instant notice of school delays or closings, and overall improved communication and efficiency. I'm impressed if it actually works, especially compared to some other community school practices described by my friend Michelle. I'll keep my fingers crossed when it goes live next week.
And I think Naomi will start preschool in 2 weeks, but they haven't confirmed the times/days. That's more of our government efficiency at work... Sigh...

1 comment:

Kem said...

Hey...I'd love to see samples of how Edwardsburg is handling the eannouncements. Can you send me a link or forward me some emails? That would be awesome.