Saturday, September 20, 2008

Audio Book Review - Book of Fate

I'm dedicating today's posts to my friend Dan, who is injured and requested more stuff to read and distract him while he's sitting around at home healing. You're welcome :).
This 10 cassette adventure, professionally narrated by Scott Brick, took me forever to get through. This is not completely the fault of the convoluted conspiracy-theory theme. It is also because my attention span has become unreliable since my personal life turned upside down.

Anyway, the story centers on presidential assassination attempts, codes and maps, religious-zealot killers and greed. Pretty standard political stuff. I liked the main character, who is an aide to the president and ends up solving the puzzle. I bet the story would be better without dragging it out over 2 1/2 months, so if you have better focus than me this might be good entertainment.

1 comment:

Arin said...

thanks for lookin' out for me smelly Mellie