Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wild Woman Tribute - Kem

This is a special time for my great friend, Kem. She is turning 40 tomorrow, and is right now in the midst of a whirlwind surprise weekend completely orchestrated by her husband. He has plotted her itinerary from last night at 5:30 through Sunday night around 10:30 - and she doesn't know anything about it!

I am taking some space here to honor her because she means so much to me. I'm really rotten at mushy stuff, so this is just going to be a list. I'm going to breeze past the true but cliche stuff like she's passionate about Jesus and her family, a fantastic mom and leader... Anyone who knows her at all knows that stuff.Here are some of the extras:
  • She's a great bass player in our "Rock Band" Ishooz (see alter ego above).
  • She makes fantastic creative appetizers and loves chocolate desserts.
  • She doesn't do mediocre. You're either on the team, or not.
  • She is high energy but needs frequent down time to re-charge.
  • She may have a touch of A.D.D. (; and not everything keeps her attention.
  • She is open and real about life's journey.
  • She's more comfortable with 20 year olds than 40 year olds.
  • She likes to shop and will actually spend time browsing for the perfect gift for a friend.
  • She can be trusted to follow through to anything she commits to.
  • She likes late nights and could scrap mornings for sleeping in anytime.
  • She likes to have the subtitles on for home-DVD viewing.
  • She likes variety: in music, clothing, hairstyles, food and friends.
She is incredible and I hope she has the best birthday ever!

3 comments:

Miss Mandy said...

Awesome post. Hope she's having fun!

Anonymous said...

Yay Kem! What a great gal, I hope she has the best weekend ever!

Kem said...

You know me. And... you made me cry. Thank you friend. I don't know how or where to begin to say thanks.

I will talk to you soon. I have a lot of catching up to do.