Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September 30 - Single Advantage

Tuesday was a quiet evening, and the kids were all staying with their dad up in Cassopolis. So I got to thinking about a few of the good things in the situation.

- I can wear frumpy flannel jammies and knee socks on a cold rainy night and not even worry about being un-sexy or stand-offish.
- I can sleep diagonal in my bed (although I still pretty much stick to one side).

- I can share a single carton of ice cream with all three kids because we like the same flavors, and it will still last at least a week. That's some savings!

- I can set the temperature at whatever makes me comfortable and adjust the kids' clothing accordingly. More blankets anyone?

Nothing worth giving up a marriage for, but I'm thankful for the little things.

1 comment:

Miss Mandy said...

Finding those little things is what's it all about...keep it up!!