Friday, October 3, 2008

October 6 - Size Wise

I will preface this post with the fact that it will involve a bit of bragging, and I know none of you will feel sorry for me. Still.
Here's the issue: I lost a fair bit of weight through the changes and surgeries in the last 6 months and now NONE of my clothes fit. I officially hate everything I own. Actually, the summery shirts are ok, but now that we have frost warnings at night I have nothing. And it's not like I have a clothes budget or anything. I went to 3 Goodwill stores for 50% off this weekend and only ended up with jeans. That's it. My entire lower half wardrobe.

I'm like my skinny kids, doubling up belts and holding my pants up everywhere I go like a "homey". The nurses at work follow behind me and gather up everything. Embarrassing!

There are a lot worse things to deal with, but facing daily wardrobe issues really puts a crimp in my appearance self-esteem. Oh well. For now I'll dream of hip clothes that stay on, and pray God guides me to the best place to pick up hand-me-downs.

2 comments:

Arin said...

You're right, I don't feel sorry for you.

:)

Summer said...

You may not have bottoms, but you have a really cool shirt! I think you should just wear this one all the time. ROCK ON, ROCK ON!