Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20 - Fun Stuff

I LOVE this time of year! Sunny days, cool snuggly evenings, pretty pumpkins, apple pies and Halloween fun!

Friday night we crashed a local neighborhood Halloween party. Well, actually we were invited by my great friends Diane and Tom. This Edwardsburg subdivision is the area I hope to call home when we have to move next spring, so I've been taking the kids over and pretending we already live there. We take evening walks and introduce ourselves to the neighbors.

The shindig on Friday included a hay ride, sack races, cute crafts, candy, decorate-your-own caramel apples and great costumes and social time. Even Seth, who didn't want to go play with the little kids or dress up, seemed to enjoy himself. We had so much fun the kids ended up having an impromptu sleepover when they fell asleep watching Indiana Jones.

I am so blessed to have kind friends to enjoy this season with me and my family!

No comments: