Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27 - Kids Speed Recovery

Been a little slow on the blogging front because I've been fighting off a horrid illness. Over the course of the last week I've been running a fever between 99 and 103.5 degrees nearly every day. This was associated with deep body aches and a desire to sleep till 2009.
At first the kids were less than understanding. I mean, it's not like I'm bleeding or sneezing or anything. However, by Thursday, when symptoms were at their worst, my friend Ame came over and informed them of all the potential complications of a high fever, like seizures and hallucinations and death. They were much more sympathetic and helpful after that.

Seth did a fantastic job of running interference between the other two and making me take Tylenol on a regular basis. He was very thoughtful and checked on me frequently when all I could do was lie in one spot.
Amazingly, no one else seems to be ill at all. Thank God! I'm medicated and on the mend now, but still lightheaded and nauseous a lot. I really missed my "Mommy Immunity" free pass on this one!

No comments: