Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15 - Pumpkin Patch

Sunday was a stunning and unseasonably (84 degrees!) warm day. The kids and I took advantage of the opportunity to trek north to Jollay Orchards for apple picking, hay rides, a sorghum maze and general fall frolicking activities.



The pumpkins were slim on selection and pricey, so we headed back south to complete our adventure. The patch off of Douglas road had a fantastic collection including all the Martha Stuart suggestions like Cinderella pumpkins and gruesome gourds.

It was a long day, with sunburn and skeeter bites, but I think the photos speak well of a memorable experience.

1 comment:

Arin said...

Like the new look Meli. Although I hate the color green it looks really fresh and clean. And I don't know if I'm allowed to comment on your twitter stuff, but I read your blog and I love you!