Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8 - Girly Weekend

I feel like I've been out of the blogging loop for a while and I've missed it! Life seems to rush by without time for me to assemble my thoughts. Today I have to sit with my foot wrapped and elevated, waiting for the swelling to go down so I can figure out if it's broken or just sprained. While this puts a serious crimp in my active lifestyle, it will give me time to take a step back and catch up online. Just keeping up with email, facebook, twitter and bloglines is like a part-time job (which I love)!

I want to take a moment to be thankful for my girlfriends, who put up with my whining and relational drama while helping keep me focused on what is important. Last weekend was a fantastic example. Scott had the kids most of the week and through the weekend. This should be freeing and productive time, but I tend to get mopey and need help to keep from sinking into depression.

Friends to the rescue! Friday night my girls' book club came over and we shared yummy Mexican-themed food and conversation. Saturday morning started early with a shopping trip with Diane, Skyler's best friend's mom. While out I got a text reminder to meet my friends Arin & Summer for lunch at Olive Garden. Yum! While there I got a call to meet Kem, Jami & Lindsay for a girly movie that afternoon. After that I finally ran home to shower and let the dog out, just in time to exchange messages with Tina and Lara and Natalie, then head over to Ame's house for dinner and drinks. All very casual, all spur of the moment. How cool is that?! I have the best friends ever!!! Thanks girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT? What's this about a broken foot?