Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 29 - Dark Tunnels

Busy day and trying to stay off the prescription pain meds, like I'm some kind of hero or something I guess. As I write this at the end of the day, I'm in bed, fully medicated and ready for a floaty nap.

This evening Diane and Ame came from work to help change the dressings and check the wounds. Mom and I tried this on Sunday, but I started hyperventilating and mom wasn't sure what to do, so we waited for professional help. I'm pretty tough, and look at blood and guts for a living, so it frustrates me that this is so hard!

Diane says everything looks great, clean and minimal bruising. I'd describe what it looks like, but, um, I nearly fainted, so I have no idea. So embarrassing! It took constant physical assistance and deep breathing and cold clothes to keep me off the floor. You know when all the talking around you starts to sound really far away and tinny and your field of vision narrows, right before the best deep sleep and dreams of your life? Yeah, smelling salts are my friend. This is why I don't donate blood.
The good news is that I can empty my own drain, and the fluid is getting less. I hope the doctor will pull it out on Thursday. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: