Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10 - Thankfulness

Sometimes I get bogged down in the negativity of life. It's true that I'm still physically recovering from cancer, facing another surgery and hospital stay, paying off medical bills, abandoned by my husband, in debt, managing living in my mother-in-law's house alone with three kids, and today was threatened with a major lawsuit at work. Yuck.

But really I have a lot to be thankful for. My kids are adjusting, and I appreciate what neat people they are becoming. I am blessed to share daily life with them.

I have a fantastic caregiver who loves the kids, brings peace and value to my home, and does laundry and dishes too!

I have an array of great friends who distract me, entertain me and challenge me regularly.

I have a loving and supportive family, all far away physically but only a phone call away.

I am part of an awesome church that helps me focus on what is really important and provides a safe learning and connection environment.

I have a secure job at a great place and can support my family - I think. I consider my co-workers and bosses friends.

I have the opportunity to design my reality. That's cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your biggest asset is the amazing person that you are. Be thankful, also, that you are so darn cool!