Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24 - Real family

Yesterday was an eventful day, ranging from blueberry picking to a fancy celebratory lunch. I won't belabor all the details, because the purpose of this post is to thank my mom. She lives in southern California, but has been travelling around, avoiding the desert heat, for a few months with Charlie, my step-dad. We went camping with the kids in their RV at the end of June. Then they came back early last week to spend some fun time with the kids before Scott took Seth, Skyler and Naomi to visit him in Washington.

They have been helping with some household maintenance and financial planning (Charlie's a CPA) and generally keeping me from going off the deep end. Their quiet, loving and practical help has been vital to me in the last week.
As I head in to surgery first thing in the morning, totally freaked out and missing my life from last year, mom and Charlie will be here. They will bring me home from the hospital on Saturday. I'm blessed to have their help and love. Thank you both!

No comments: