Saturday, February 28, 2009

March 7 - Collecting

People gather the oddest things over time. Stickers, stamps, pencils, pine cones. In an attempt to at least weed out the junkiest clutter, I tackled the kids room last weekend. (Dried peanut butter in the laundry basket?! Are you kidding me?!) Two trash bags later, I can almost see the floor. Aside from the general messiness of weeks without a proper clean-up, I found some interesting stuff.

Apparently, Seth collects frogs & gum wrappers (why? why?) & Pokemon cards. The obvious implication would be that frogs are his favorite animal and he's alway's liked small things. Plus Pokeman cards are still popular with the pre-teens.

Skyler collects, um, everything. However, rocks & sharp objects rank high on the list. I dug all these table knives, and my Swiss Army knife which had been hidden, out of his backpack. Perhaps he's honing his survival skills?

Naomi collects shiny stuff and likes to arrange "set ups". Girly organization and domestic arrangements make me smile, even when the jewels get stuck to my feet.

What do you like to gather together? What does it say about you?

No comments: