Monday, February 16, 2009

February 16 - I Heart Helping

For Valentine's Day I wanted to be really non-traditional and thumb my nose at all the candy-buying, fancy-dinner pink mush the Hallmark holiday inspires.

So I dressed the kids up in black, and we spent the morning packing boxes of personal care stuff at Feed the Children. They worked really hard counting out bottles of bug spray and foot lotion for 2 hours, preparing a box of stuff to brighten someone else's day. I am so proud!

Then we had lunch at Taco Bell, which is quite empty on VDay, and headed home to play. What a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! It would have been easy to enjoy a "pity party" and feel miserable all day. You are a strong woman! You're kids are going to learn that life isn't centered around their own "happiness."