Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19 - Transitioning

I'm sure I've written something about this before, but today was particularly awful and I need to process this somewhere. Somehow, a couple days before Scott swoops back into town to take the kids for a fun weekend, all hell breaks loose. The children's attention span is minimal, their frustration tolerance is zero, and all responsible behavior is out the window. They suddenly thrive on irritating the snot out of each other. Homework gets put off or hidden, chores are abandoned, and the kids alternate between sobbing, laughing hysterically or spine-tingling shrieking. What is up with that?!

Is it something they pick up on in my behavior? Am I just less tolerant? Maybe the feeling of dividing my precious family makes me treat them different? I do alternately want to snuggle them close and scream at them. It's really hard.


The pursuit of raising smart, kind, independent, moral-centered young people is challenging! Good thing I'm going to see the counselor this weekend because I need help.

No comments: