Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2 - Winter Thoughts

It's officially that time of year when "snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes" are no longer romantic, just annoying. While I still hope to get one major sledding or tubing day in before the spring meltdown, my family is basically tired of winter.

However, we still have fond memories, and I like to enjoy each season. Last week Seth brought home a school project in which he wrote about the first snowfall experience back in November. I liked it so much I'm reproducing it here to share:

I opened the door to see glass-like snow layering the ground. Quickly I got my boots on and went outside. Crunch crunch went the snow under my feet. The texture of the snow was like hard packed sand. The taste was watery. The sound was a whooshing sound. After I looked around, I went to go get the sled. After I got it I went over to the hill next to the house. I got in the sled and the next thing I knew I was going down the hill 25 miles an hour! It was awsome (sic)! Then I went a few more times and went inside for hot chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a writer, folks! I'm so proud. Well done, Seth!