Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 8 - Implants (an update)

I haven't mentioned any of this for a while, and everything is really fine, but I thought it was worth processing a few thoughts:

- they ripple randomly, especially along the breast bone.

- they're under the pectoral muscles, so I can almost flatten them with a good bench press.

- when I'm chilly or nervous, the muscles get really jumpy and I'm convinced everyone around me can tell.

- they don't bounce, or really move much at all. Seems like this would be convenient, but I feel self-conscious.


- they're still numb!

Last week I found a small lump on the left (cancer) side. I'm trying not to be paranoid. It's probably an asymmetrical rib, right? I'm still considering whether it's worth calling the doctor.

1 comment:

The T said...

Please call the doctor... your health and well being is nothing to put off. Love you Mel!