Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 18 - What do they REALLY think?

Following the example of my friend and the Facebook craze, this was a fun, somewhat disturbing exercise with the kids. First answers only, no leading questions.

The Interview:

What is something mom always says to you?
N: Do the work
Seth: Clean up
Skyler: Let the dog out

What makes mom happy?
N: Cleaning my room... & that makes Daddy happy
Seth: a hug
Skyler: when I give you a card

What makes mom sad?
N: Somebody hurts her feelings
Seth: my dad
Skyler: when I mess up other people’s stuff

How does your mom make you laugh?
N: Hm… tricky… tickling me.
Seth: tickling me
Skyler: tickles me

What was your mom like as a child?
N: I don’t know… she did everything her mom said.
Seth: I have no idea
Skyler: I don’t know

How old is your mom?
N: I think it’s 46
Seth: 32
Skyler: 34

How tall is your mom?
N: 18 pounds… or 19
Seth: 5’2
Skyler: 50 inches
(I'm 34 years old, 5'6)

What is her favorite thing to do?
N: Work
Seth: A whole bunch of things – exercising
Skyler: scrapbooking

What does your mom do when you’re not around?
N: Something else
Seth: Play with friends
Skyler: cleans the house

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
N: I don’t know
Seth: singing
Skyler: because you know everyone in the world

What is your mom really good at?
N: Doing homework with the kids
Seth: Rock Band
Skyler: cooking

What is your mom not very good at?
N: Picking apples off trees
Seth: Picking a house
Skyler: stepping over my toys

What does your mom do for her job?
N: Make money
Seth: Physical therapist
Skyler: Physical therapist

What’s your mom’s favorite food?
N: Fruit
Seth: coffee
Skyler: pizza

What makes you proud of your mom?
N: I'm not
Seth: You’re a really good mom
Skyler: She makes me food

If your mom was a cartoon character, who would she be?
N: Elasti-Girl (Ok, I totally coached that one.)
Seth: Cinderella
Skyler: Elizabeth from Pirates of the Carribean

What do you and your mom do together?
N: paperwork
Seth: swim at the Y
Skyler: exercise

How are you and your mom the same?
N: we're on the girls' team
Seth: our last name is Johnson
Skyler: we’re in the same family

How are you and your mom different?
N: she's a grown-up
Seth: you have brown hair, I have blond
Skyler: she’s bigger

Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
N: the grocery store
Seth: Bar Louie
Skyler: church

How do you know your mom loves you?
N: Because she does!
Seth: you provide food for me
Skyler: she says it every night and kisses me every day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed the kids survey. made me smile and laugh..elastic girl. ?? hhmm :) jim

Anonymous said...

I love it! They each have their own brand of wisdom, don't they.

Arin said...

I'm totally stealing this and putting it on my blog.

Sylvia Escobar said...

I liked this so much I decided to do it with my kiddos too--What fun to see what they think of you!