Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Audio Book Review - Fight Club

Chuch Palahniuk's debut novel is a dark satire exploring what makes life "real", especially for men in their early midlife (20s to 40s). Full of graphic action and painful self-analysis, the characters are anything but typical. Reviews are full of words like strange dimension, underground, and quasi-religious cult. Smart but scary.

I haven't seen the movie, in which Brad Pitt and Edward Norton portray the main characters. I can't imagine how one would translate the schizophrenic nature of the nameless narrator to the screen, but I'm intrigued and will add it to my Netflix queue. This would make an interesting book club discussion, except everybody cool did that years ago. That's what happens when I refuse to participate in current events!

No comments: