Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30 - Fix 'er up 'er

Went to Dr. Shulman's Thursday for the typical fill up. She did a full injection (60 mL) on the left and just a little on the right. I think the left expander is finally unfolding, so I don't have that sharp edge poking through the lateral pectoral muscle border anymore. The scar tissue spots in the middle are a little wider - but then so is my whole chest.

I played with a silicone implant while I was waiting for the doctor. Feels squishy like those splippery-slide tubes with plastic animals and glitter inside, with softer edges. So that's good. However, I notice that they sit pretty flat and round, like a stack of silver-dollar pancakes. My massage therapist notes she's not real pleased with "the profile" of silicone because bras aren't made flat and wide. I will be taking this up with Dr. Shulman in the future. Maybe I can get new improved models.

I also asked about doing some extra work while I'm out for the next surgery. Without going into details, I think I could be "a whole new me" for a mere $10,000. OK, maybe $12,000 - I'm kind of furry.

Actually, the main rebuilding could be done with minimal extra expense and disruption to my work schedule. Any great $$ making ideas besides work more and spend less?

I'm still considering it...

2 comments:

Lara Barrett said...

I'm still shocked that people can get butt implants! Isn't that crazy? We are medically advanced enough to build people new asses!

Arin said...

You're thinking about getting butt implants???? Since when? :)