Monday, March 10, 2008

March 11 - Cancer and cash

Illness is expensive. This is a long thought that I won't take the time to unpack at the moment. However, I thought I'd mention is because I wish I felt confident enough about our personal finances to fork out the $70 for the upcoming Memorial Cancer Center Fundraiser.

Seems like a wonderful cause. Of course it's an art and jazz and hors d'oeuvres thing. And I don't like jazz. Or many hors. And I'm not great at social mingling.

But in my head the "cool me" is fantastic at this stuff. The "cool me" with more discretionary income and a party dress. Any imaginary friends want to go with me?


2 comments:

Arin said...

I love this idea! I'll bring my imaginary professional football playing husband with me. Can I have curly hair too?

Call me.

Summer said...

if you guys are going, so amd I! I think I'll wear my black sparkly dress. I may need new shoes so while I'm out shopping I think I'll get a pedicure. I am really looking forward to this pretend party!