Thursday, March 20, 2008

March 20 - Number crunching

Time for another fill-up today at Dr. Shulman's. It's no big deal, and only takes a few minutes, but is kind of inconvenient in the middle of my work schedule. Especially since my patients are all on the East side these days.


Anyway, thought I should know how much longer this has to continue. Dr. Shulman has a maternity leave coming up, and I like to get a sense of the schedule. Here's the math (if I understood correctly...)


I have 550 mL capacity. The left is currently at 310 and the right at 390. So at 30 mL/wk, we're looking at 8 to 5.3333333 more visits respectively. Unless she decides to up the dose. Which she's considering "since the tissue is staying so soft and mobile". (Feels like heavy sandbags to me, but whatever.) Next visit may be 60 mL on the left and 30-40 on the right. (EEK! What about stretch marks?)



Which brings them up to about Pi x r squared... right? What's that showtune? "June is bust-ing out all o-over."

1 comment:

Arin said...

Way to go with all the posts. I love reading them. You keep talking, maybe it will help to pass the time....

Hey, you know, as soon as you make a plan or a "schedule" it will go right out the window:) I can't even imagine what you've gone (are going) through.

love you