Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 15 - Thursday

Well, I was feeling depressed about life in general - it is March in the Midwest after all - then I read the comments on my last post. Now I can't stop giggling. Must be girly hormones. I am definitely going to throw more pretend parties!

Anyway, Thursday was a busy day. I had a staff meeting at work where they talked about goals and green and other things I'm sure I already knew. No big deal - I get paid hourly - but it makes my whole day go longer.

Then I had to rush over to the hospital to see the plastic surgeon. I measured my scars to see if getting injected with saline like a chicken-breast-bound-for-Martins is increasing the scar size. So far so good. Dr. Shulman said she may leave some of the scar in place because it's such a good nipply color already. (Too much info?) Getting the shots stung this time.

After a full day, I thought I'd take the kids out for a little fresh air. We went for a long walk. About a mile away from the house, Skyler thought he needed more exercise, so as we headed for home he started to run. He ran and ran and ran, despite my calling, yelling and pleading. Naomi thought her legs were falling off, and I had the arthritic chihuahua too. So, carrying the girls, I ran-walked as fast as I could trailing Skyler. By the time I caught up with him two houses down from ours, four neighborhood cars and a police officer were stopped with him.




Mother of the Year!


Scared, mortified and pissed off, I sent Skyler straight to bed. Thurday was not the best day.

1 comment:

Lara Barrett said...

Stinker! Skyler needs a hamster wheel to burn off all that energy.