Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 28 - Memorial Weekend Review II

The rough parts:

Scott was back in town. I'm struggling through defining workable boundaries between us. He has decided that separation is truly the only option right now. His heart is empty.

This is ever so much more painful than having my breasts amputated and rebuilt! And unfortunately the recovery will probably string on much longer. I'm clinging to God's promises and the support of community, but I still feel shattered beyond repair. The smallest details are life-changing: one toothbrush in the bathroom, no man's shoes by the door, no smiling 10th anniversary photos on the wall, no holiday plans.

We sat down with Seth on Monday and told him what's up. He is devastated. What I appreciate about him is that he has been able to ask me great questions and express his fears since Scott left yesterday. He actually asked for a counselor when he found out I'm working with one.

The other two kids are pretty flexible and oblivious at this point, which is a small relief. This is a lot for anyone to handle, and I'm barely making it, so please pray especially for the kids to not just survive intact but flourish.

1 comment:

~two~ said...

I am so saddened by this post of yours. Oleg and I are holding you and your precious family up to God daly. I personally am engaging in intercessory prayer on behalf of Scott multiple times each day.

None of this should be the way that it is. I hate sin! I hate the fact that all of us have to suffer because of Eve and Adam.