Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 28 - Memorial Weekend Review I

The great parts:
I love my community. I enjoy the Edwardsburg Memorial Day parade because it is a tribute to personal sacrifices of others to secure a way of life I really appreciate. I like to watch the different businesses and groups in my small town gather together to celebrate. I like to support local efforts and this great country I'm blessed to live in.













On Monday, Naomi turned 4. She is such a sweet and loving girl. She blesses my life with her hugs and smiles and funny, observant commentary. We enjoyed pink bunny cake and a few presents with a small family party, which was just enough. She doesn't feel entitled yet. She doesn't need a Ronald McDonald or Hannah Montana giant birthday bash. Give her some pink cake and a Barbie and she's happy. That is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the bunny cake! Just like when we were kids.

Naomi couldn't possibly be any cuter. Your kids are such a blessing!