Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 24 - Communication Breakdown

I hate my hair. It never does what it's supposed to anyway, so my standard updo has been the modus operandi for the past 5+ years. But I'm particularly annoyed right now.

Over the last three weeks, I've spent a cumulative 9 hours in various cut, color and styling processes, and it's still not right! Which got me to thinking this morning, if I can't even communicate to my stylist what I want my hair to look like (and I know it's possible, I'm not trying for Sarah Jessica Parker or Jennifer Aniston hair), how will I ever communicate the really important stuff?

How will I express to my estranged husband what he means to me and our family so he can believe me and value us? How can I guide my children so they know how precious they are and can figure out up from down? How could I ever communicate to someone how much they matter to God and how cool that is?

2 comments:

Katie McCormick Liverett said...

I love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Stupid hair. After three haircuts this month, mine still isn't right. It's not communication, uncooperative hair runs in our family!