Saturday, November 3, 2007

November 2 - Medical update

I saw the doctor yesterday at the wound care center. She brought her 18 month old daughter dressed up as a plastic surgeon - complete with a marker and a giant syringe of "Botox". Dr. Shulman believes in early career influences like me... "train them up in the way they should go" and all that. Adorable.

Anyway, we're down from 4 gaping wounds to 2 bloody, centrally located patches, which is great. I only have to go to the wound care center once a week for continued evaluation and monitoring. The doctor will start filling the tissue expanders a little more next week.

I asked about the weird sloshiness and shape, but she said that was normal with the tissue expanders and it's only an intermittant stage. She said she'd "break all that up and re-shape it in the next surgery". Sounds painful to me...




So I'm stuck with triangular boobs in my armpits for the next 6 months or so, which is apparently "normal" at this stage.

No comments: