Monday, November 5, 2007

November 5 - Wheee!

Today was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. It's not me, I'm fine really.

On the upswing, it was my middle child's birthday today. He sat straight up in bed at 5:30 AM and announced in his best volume projected voice "I'm F-I-V-E now!". He's currently sleeping on the floor on my side of the bed, so I rushed to quiet him, but without success. He had the rest of the kids up within minutes.

So Skyler had a great day, with orange cupcakes, an attendance award at school, presents and whatever he wanted for supper.

But we also found out a long-time Johnson family friend, JoAnn, passed away from metastatic breast cancer. She has been struggling with advancing disease for several months, but this is still a sad loss for all who knew her. She has three successful grown children and many loving day care kids from her business left behind.

Then there are all the other little bumps that happen to those we love around us. Scott sells a car on Ebay at a great profit. Yea! A friend has to fire another friend at work. Boo. My older son is reduced to tears over the unfairness of cake distribution. Ummm... life isn't fair.

Holding on tight and trying to keep my supper down!

1 comment:

~two~ said...

Thanks Mel! We are so glad that you (with Scott's assistance) caught your cells in the act of thinking about turning into this dreadful, cruel disease.

For those who might read this and don't know, I am Tracy, daughter of JoAnn...