Friday, September 21, 2007

September 21 - Moms are Gold

Just a quick note because Scott says people would like to hear from me. I don't feel like I have anything to say that's witty or even intelligent or helpful. I'm alive (yea!) and processing this whole surgery drama not nearly as well as I had hoped. My mother is the main reason I'm surviving. She has had to manage the household and take care of every little thing for me. I couldn't get out of bed or wash up or get a drink of water for days. She's amazing and I'm so glad she was available to help. I will miss her when she goes tomorrow, but I know her wonderful care and talents are needed in the next stage of her journey. She's driving to California to join her husband in their new home.



Thanks to all the great friends from Memorial Home Care who have supported us with meals and groceries this week so Mom could focus on me and the kids without getting too burned out.



More soon... Mel

No comments: