Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Normalcy

Mel's 2 cents...


So for the first month reading or discussing the details just made me nauseous - like for days. My mom thought I had morning sickness AGAIN. So not funny or possible. However, now I have almost three whole weeks without doctors' appointments or tests (I've had 13 since this all started) and it doesn't feel so personal and freaky. I've also been hesitant to describe things, because Scott is so great at it. Thank goodness he has been kind enough to keep people updated. He is such a talented and amusing writer. I still haven't read all the posts, but I am reminded by Scott's commitment and insightful descriptions how truly blessed I am.

Anyway, for the next two weeks I'm pretending nothing is really wrong. It's a return to the normal crazy pace of life: getting three kids ready for three different schools, working two jobs, juggling household chores, volunteering at church and trying to be supportive as Scott gets ready to move his business closer to home. Suddenly I love just being normal.

I guess that's what will keep me busy and distracted. With faith and the kindness and generosity of our wonderful family and friends, we'll get through to the other, healthier side...

more then.

1 comment:

Lara Barrett said...

Oh Meli, you probably don't realise that you've been my hero my whole life. I've always wanted to be just like you, (that's why I used to steal your clothes!)

And now, as you are faced with tougher times, my admiration continues to grow. I'm still sending you happy, healing vibes, for what it's worth. I love you, Sister.