Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9 - Family Values

As each stage of growth whizzes past, I always wonder what will actually stick. It makes my heart glad when I hear the phrases parroted back, as they "coach" each other. Sometimes I have to say, "Hey, I'll be the mommy today, ok?" Ah, parenthood.

Here are some of our family values that sometimes work:
"say what you mean, mean what you say"
"we don't do bored"
"don't waste! (food, energy, electricity)"
"manners matter (don't talk with your mouth full, it's gross)"
"don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment"

Here are a few that don't seem to be sinking in too well:
"pick up after yourself!" (if I step on that tiny pokey toy one. more. time...)
"take care of it today so you don't have to worry about it tomorrow" (really, that 2 page report is due to-morrow?!)
"treat others like you want to be treated (stop hitting!)"

And that was just today! :-)

No comments: