Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 19 - Happy 1st-iversary!

Today marks a whole year of marriage to my marvelous husband, Dale. I felt enourmous pressure to create appropriate fanfare, like spelling out his name in turquoise balloons, renting a helicopter, writing a sonnet. Unfortunately, when I feel like something's expected of me, I totally balk, get grumpy, and lose all creativity and thoughtfulness.
So I'll just record for posterity the card I gave him (with a moderate bottle of Shiraz and his favorite Easter candy):

I Love Today.
Because it celebrates the amazing ways
We have brought
Our love, our kids, and our lives
Together.

Although we are just beginning,
I'm excited about the future
We are building
And that I get to take
Every step of the journey
With you.

Happy Anniversary, Dale! I love you!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Wishing you many more years of blessings and love.
Tree