Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2 - Random Personal Thoughts

I found myself trying to explain The Eagles' Hotel California to the kids this evening. Turns out that despite an entire Week of Prayer devoted to exploring the evils of this specific song, I still don't get it. Hunh.

I voted today, in an old brick building in the middle of a cow field. Midterm elections aren't nearly as exciting (expensive?) as the presidential ones. I'm pretty sure politicians don't intend to be evil, and they try their best, but it seems pretty difficult to trust anyone these days. I always feel like I'm missing part of the story. Still, if we don't exercise our rights, one day we might lose them. Power to the people and all.

I've been sick for about a month. Yuck. My doctor is on maternity leave after having twins (awww), and the practice referred me to MedPoint. Waited over 2 hours and the official 2 minute diagnosis: bronchitis. Finished second round of antibiotics today, still coughing up blood. Not. Awesome.


No comments: