Friday, November 19, 2010

November 18 - Hard

Last night we had the pleasure of flying through 3 parent teacher conferences for 3 pretty cool kids. I am grateful for strong schools, caring teachers, & kids who aren't too terribly difficult to educate. Looks like our biggest academic struggle is a little organization to bring the B's up to A's. Plus the new homework philosophy when teachers noticed that masses of rote homework weren't effective for learning had me doing a little happy dance in the 3rd grade hallway.

All that is really great. We are blessed. What made last night hard was the anticipation of spending 2 hours zipping between 3 different school buildings with hungry kids & putting on a happy face for everyone - with both my 1st & 2nd husbands. Awk. Ward.

I have not mastered this co-parenting cr**, I mean "important life skill", yet. First time I've been seriously tempted to take Xanax since I had to spend 4th of July with Scott's whole family a few months after he left. (My doctor prescribed it specifically for that situation at the time.) Yuck.

2 comments:

Lara Barrett said...

Ha! Like the pic...

Sylvia Escobar said...

Are you serious?! Does Scott live in town again? I think I would have made them schedule different meetings for us--yuck! You are a strong woman. I can't even imagine the emotional drain of the whole ordeal. My heart goes out to you. I always tell Edward--no matter how hard it might seem to stay married--divorce is no easy solution!