Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20 - Moving House

Ok, so we moved like a month ago. It's just taken me this long to actually find my computer, the power cord, connect to the internet and have a coherent thought all at the same time. (Well, maybe the coherency thing is still sketchy.)
We are completely blessed with a beautiful home, on fabulous property, in the town I picked. The process and timing were impeccable. The children get to stay with their teachers and friends in a Blue Ribbon school district. My family is happy and healthy and together. It feels too good to be true, so I've been kinda quiet hoping not to jinx anything!
However, the actual physical move has been the most difficult of my life so far. I'm not a great packer. Or planner. Or furniture mover. Or decorator. Or painter. I suddenly realize how much I have relied on others' help in the past, and how much I have to learn. This equalled 2 weeks of being overwhelmed and depressed for no good reason. (Hel-lo. Everything I asked for!) Then feeling guilty for not being all of the above with a cheerful smile. Meanwhile continuing to work, manage 3 kids end-of-year schedules & projects, be a newlywed supportive wife, and ramp up my running schedule (NOT happening).

Thank God my mom is coming next week to help with all the stuff I'm not great at, so we can get back to the craziness that is just normal life. Thank God for giving me a supportive husband and tolerant children. Thank God for the capacity to do at least one productive thing each day.

I am soooooooo lucky! ;-)

2 comments:

Lara Barrett said...

Yay, Mel! I'm so happy for you guys in your new home. I wish I could fly out to help.

Anonymous said...

dekaron servers vs servers online free