Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 27 - STRESSED

I've been feeling like I'm just not functioning up to par lately. Getting plenty of rest, still exhausted. Barely sit still for 17 hours a day, still feel like my task list is never-ending. In a great place of joy and love with family and friends, still cry uncontrollably for no reason. Pretty sure I'm going nuts.

Kind people around me have calmly pointed out that I've experienced a lot of life changes in the last few months. Good changes (for a change), but still requiring adjustment and learning. Hunh.

Reminded me of the Holmes & Rahe Stress Scale I learned about in college. You know, the ranking of life events that assigns a stress score and predicts the likelihood of developing a major illness. I was worried about it, so I reviewed the scale today. Good news: I only score 283 with things like marriage & major mortgage. 300 is the threshold for major health risk (30% more likely than my "moderate risk"). Of course that means I'm about 1 event away from impending doom, so NO ONE is allowed to get sick or fired or die, OK?


Side note: did you know the change in number of family reunions and speeding tickets contribute to the score? Seriously. I am employing deep breathing techniques just to get through a regular 24 hours. In a world of constant change, how does anyone survive?!?

1 comment:

Lara Barrett said...

You poor thing, your life is just so BUSY! I hope you get some much needed rest sometime soon.