Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December 16 - Wow!

I'm not sure how we qualified for this blessing, but Skyler was chosen to participate in Edwardsburg schools Project Christmas. A few 1st graders got paired with high school honor students, bussed to Meier, and spent an afternoon shopping for their families.

With Bridget's skilled guidance, Skyler picked out numerous items for each of us, then got to go play at Chuck-E Cheese. (And let's face it, any time kids get to enjoy C-E-C without parents having to attend it's a fabulous thing!)

Then Bridget took everything home, wrapped and labelled it, and delivered bags of goodies to our door on Sunday, along with gift cards to a couple local stores. A happy Skyler, pretty packages, and absolutely no cost to me! In this financially tight time, when everything still feels a little off kilter in the family, I am so thankful for this fun blessing. And I can't wait to discover what Skyler picked for each of us come Christmas morning!

3 comments:

Arin said...

What a neat thing! I'm so glad Santa came to your house!

Miss Mandy said...

That is a great idea. What a fun thing for a kid to be able to experience. Picking out gifts on their own...I tend to sway my kids a certain direction when they are shopping.

Anonymous said...

I missed this post, what an awesome thing for all of you! And how cute is Skyler in this pic?