Monday, May 14, 2012

May 13 - Mom's Day

This year, I arranged my celebration in advance, on Saturday. Sometimes a girl has to take responsibility for her own happiness, right? I made pancakes and sausage and grits for breakfast, then hauled the kids off to the movie theater for an Avengers adventure. (Awesome! by the way) We jetted out of there, grabbed gourmet Taco Bell, and headed for swimming fun at the Y. Next we zipped downtown to Metro Run & Walk. Mama needs new running shoes. Just enough time left to pick up new workout clothes and a sporty watch at Target before we slid into the 5 o'clock church service. Then home to make pasta and veggies for dinner, and read Hunger Games for a bedtime story.

I got to spend the whole day doing stuff I like with 3 kids I am totally in love with. How awesome is that?

I'd insert a really cool picture of their smiley faces here, except they're currently in a non-photogenic phase. As in, they don't hold still long enough in the same place for a camera to actually capture them. I have a load of fuzzy pictures of the backs of heads if you're interested.

No comments: