Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8 - Blogworld complaints

I am beginning to truly despise this blogging interface. I haven't had nearly the mental margin I hoped for in composing insightful, life-influencing thoughts on this space. Especially since I spend summers either totally focused on kids, or depressed that they're gone and unable to do anything productive. Then, as I attempt to re-engage, having to spend 15 minutes on dumb spacing issues & font weirdness is absolutely unacceptable.

Must. Migrate. Now.
You know. In my spare time. (sigh)

I've heard good things from Wordpress users, although no one's offered to magically set it up for me. Maybe blogging is all 2009 now. Have we moved on? Are we all focused on pithy 140 character statements and e-books, with no need for the short, personal-journal style any more?

Too bad. I miss this forum, even if it is pretty much for my own thought development. Maybe I'll have time to figure it out now that the kids have moved back home and school has started.

2 comments:

Dale said...

Come over to Wordpress. I'll help you migrate - you know, on a coffee date!

Arin said...

I sometimes stuggle with what the heck/why do I even bother to blog. But, you know, I do it to keep some sort of journal of my life and who I am right now. Once I defined that, I just let the rest go. I don't feel the need to be funny or smart or anything. Just kinda "me". So maybe just think why you're doing it. Maybe that will re-inspire you. :-) And, my goodness, switch to WP. You can import this whole blog. It's SOOOO worth it, just to avoid those horrible spacing issues!! Auuurghhhhh. Irritating!