Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 10 - On Mission

The wedding is less than 2 weeks away and my fiance is sweating, but not in a way one might imagine (I don't think...). He's 9000 miles away in the middle of a mission trip in southern India. Somehow this surprises people. More than once someone has been shocked to learn he was going through with the trip despite my (relatively sudden) appearance in his life. So I feel the need to explain. Our church has been ministering over in this "Untouchable" area of India for years, but this is the first time we sent a worship band, with outreach concerts planned throughout the region. Dale loves playing drums and does it with excellence. Dale deeply loves God. This trip is a way to connect the dots, serve the church team and the Indian people, and experience God in completely in a unique way.
Actually, he explains it thoroughly here, but these are my thoughts: Dale loves God. He has a servant heart. People matter to God so they matter to Dale. This is one of the reasons I love him. I admire him for his commitment, as well as the sacrifice of time, money, energy and emotional resources for something much bigger than the two of us.

Of course, I still miss him terribly and CAN'T WAIT for his return in 5 days! I'm practicing jumping for joy too, so I won't be outdone by this enthusiatic group of kids!

1 comment:

Lara Barrett said...

Tee-hee! I like how you wrapped that up. Great pictures!