Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 26 - Beyond I Do

I don't think anyone would argue that marriage is tough. Seems like common knowledge that relationships take work. What is not so commonly known is exactly "how" or "what" to do and maybe even more important, "why bother".

Obviously I haven't figured out the magic formula, but at least I'm open to learning more. So Dale and I have been reading and counseling together. A couple weeks ago we finished Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts - Nine Questions to Ask Before (& After) You Marry which was full of great talking points like choosing happiness and blending families, as well as strategies for success. Last weekend we wrapped up what has been a tough but brilliant session with Ted Bryant. With his wife, Angie, he leads the Beyond I Do marriage enrichment class at our church. The exercises we worked through together will be invaluable in helping us plan for life together. In fact, I think any committed couple could really benefit from the class and would highly recommend it! (The next one is Saturday, March 6.)

I'm so blessed to have a strong man who is up to the challenge of making marriage great - for life. We're looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Lara said...

Awwww, love the pic! You guys are cuuuute.

Wandering Insomniac said...

Thanks for sharing the book and also for your thoughts on making a 2nd marriage work... -beth

Sylvia Escobar said...

You guys look pretty happy! Yay! You certainly deserve happy with all you've been through! Sounds like you are making some pretty wise moves too, in trying to figure things out before there are problems. Wish I could say I disagree and that marriage is a bowl of peaches, but . . . can't tell a lie! It is hard work, even with 2 great people. But you certainly deserve to have it be a smashing success!