Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14 - The New Place

The move went fantastically thanks to thorough organization by my mom and tons of help from all my wonderful friends. Of course there were things that got left behind or messy that I would have liked to have taken care of, but I kept running out of daylight!

So we're settling into the new place, which felt like home to me from day one. I can't believe it's been almost a month already. Now the insecurity of riding a new bus, following a new routine, and having less stuff in a very small space has worn off.

Thought I'd touch base with the kids and see what they thought so far:
What do you like most about our new home?
Seth - TV
Skyler - my bunk bed and playing
Naomi - the whole house, riding my bike
Melisa - life simplified, just what we need

What do you miss most about the other house?
Seth - I don't miss anything about it
Skyler - Shrinky Dinks
Naomi - the swingset and the rocks
Melisa - playing by/in the lake

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Seth - Japan, because that's where they make Pokemon
Skyler - in a wooden house I built somewhere around here
Naomi - everywhere in the world
Melisa - Right here (at least for right now)

4 comments:

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa said...

I am so glad to hear that you all are adjusting to your new place. I bet it's exciting to have a new start. Take care and enjoy your new place.

Lara said...

So glad you're settling in so nicely! We have an aspiring world traveler in the family- Go Seth!

Sylvia Escobar said...

Glad to hear the move went well and the moving in appears to be a positive experience. How far away are you from your last house? Looks like a pretty good size yard from the picts.