Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You Got the Power

I need your help. And rather than ask through the appropriate channels, such as my OWN blog, I thought I'd use this blog because it gets more traffic! Yes. That's how I roll.

I've recently decided to close down the car dealership. There were many contributing factors to this decision, but I'll only bore you with one of the biggies. I got into business to generate income. After 3 years, I generated a lot of income. Unfortunately, I generated a lot MORE outgo. So with much weeping and gnashing of teeth I'll be closing the doors at the end of this month.

However, with the help of some close friends, I've been starting to do some graphic design work again. There is plenty of potential for income without the liability and expense of owning a retail business. So, I am in the process of coming up with a good name for my business and that's where you come in. I'm not going to bore you with my list of 327 names. Mel and I went through the list and picked out our 6 favorites and figured we'd leave it up to a vote in the comment section.

Here goes:
  1. Art Attack
  2. Peace of Art
  3. Ad Hawk
  4. Art Rage
  5. Living Proof
  6. Me, My Mouse and Eye

I'm trying to reach the customer who doesn't want Cousin It to do their design, but they also don't want to pay an Ad Agency $150/hr either. I want it to be hip, relevant, today. Not precious, adorable and traditional.

Thanks for your help! I'll keep you posted on the response and what YOU end up choosing. Hopefully I like it. Otherwise I'll veto it and this will have been a total waste of your valuable time.

6 comments:

Lara Barrett said...

Okay, I LOVE Me, My Mouse and I! (Josh seconds that.)

Unknown said...

i don't think you need a name to brand your design skills. word of mouth is what will get you business. yes, i know you might need a name for tax purposes, but i wouldn't brand that....you want poeple to remember you, not your name. :)

Kem said...

I was thinking about this last night actually...along the lines of Jami's comments. How about something simple as "Scott Johnson Freelance" and your tag line can be "Me, my mouse & eye..." You want people to remember your name. That clever tagline is just bonus.

~two~ said...

Me, My Mouse and Eye....for sure!

Ad Hawk would come in a close second.

I do see what Jami and Kem said...but cleverness is an alluring part of the marketing world..

Scott Johnson -- just Me, My Mouse, and Eye...

~two~ said...

Oh, and I selected that before I read what anyone else wrote....

Lara Barrett said...

Ad Hawk was a close second for us, too. Also, sorry about misspelling your potential future business! Me, My Mouse, and EYE. Duh, that's clever...er.