Monday, May 23, 2011

May 24 - Another Favorite Thing

Complimenting my love of special paper, writing with fancy pens makes me warm and fuzzy inside. When you feel the weight of a well-crafted pen between your fingers, when the fine, black ink easily rolls words across the page, writing long-hand just seems more worth it somehow. These old fashioned tools speak to me of Refinement, of Class. A Tribute to Forgotten Graces.




Waterman, Cross, Mont Blanc, Parker. I have a small collection acquired over time, just uncovered in a drawer last week. Letter writing inspiration! Of course, they're all regrettably out of ink. Ink that must be ordered from someplace obscure, like the antique store that used to be on 4th street, but moved without a forwarding address. Therefore I am left with only holding the treasure for a moment, smiling nostalgically, then returning it to the velvet case. At least until I figure out if Pensfromheaven.com or Nibs'r'Us are legitimate institutions.

And for now, I return to the practical communication venue. Isn't it ironic that I'm electronically blogging about my love for pens and paper?

No comments: