Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23 - Menu Malaise

I am so bored with cooking and, I can't believe I'm saying this, food! Meatloaf on Tuesday, tacos on Friday, pizza on Saturday blah, blah, blah. Over the last month several girlfriends have complained of a similar kitchen malady. Maybe it's just that time of year. It seems we all have about 5 go-to menus, and the rest is whatever we can get out of box with the least amount of effort that the household will actually eat. (Which is another gripe altogether: what do you mean you hate applesauce?! It was your favorite just last week!)

I had the brilliant idea that we could all share our 5 faves, which would expand our creativity and stretch a few tastebuds. Then someone sent me a recipe chain email, and I rolled my eyes and realized more info may not be the solution. Particularly if your food allergies are different from ours. Plus this blog isn't really a "high social response" experience.

So I decided to take a little time at the local farm market and see what that inspired. I brought home oat bran, adzuki and soy beans, sweet potatoes, and turnip greens. Hmmm. Anyone wanna come over for dinner?


1 comment:

Lara Barrett said...

We too have become bored with our food... so sad. I'm betting that joining a CSA will help, similar to your farm market fix. I'll let you know if it works!