Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14 - Like There's a Script

"I just don't feel like I love you." "I don't want to be tied down right now." "I'm dealing with issues from my childhood (it's not you, it's me)." "We've grown apart." "There's no one else, I just need to figure myself out."


Ugh! Who wrote these crappy cliche lines anyway? And WHY do they continually play out all around me, like some sort of bad form cult-classic movie? Whatever happened to working through the tough stuff IN relationship? Where are the grown-ups anymore?


Watching marriages all around me dissolve into tears & hurtful words & custody battles is simply awful. I believe in marriage, for life. I want to hold out hope. I want someone to show me how that works. Instead, over and over, I learn of friends and associates hitting rough patches and I fear what will happen next. I want to be proven wrong. I want a couple to fight and win, together.

Who keeps handing out the scripts?!? How can we STOP this epidemic?

4 comments:

Isaac Kaledzi said...

You will get that person. Just keep fighting okay!

Anonymous said...

I hate this too. Glad I have you to fight alongside! You're totally worth it :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree, I hate it too.

The vows you take when you marry, are not to be taken lightly, and so many people forget those vows.

Its really sad how easy people are willing to give up.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm totally with you! And lets just say, me and my hubby have fought through some pretty ugly stuff. But, God is good . . . and he's given us the chance to keep on going, even when it's tough! And for my kids, I'm SOOOOOO grateful! Wish it could have worked out better for you and your kiddos (the first time around! But, God is also a God of second chances. I'm so happy to see that you are able to start the fight again! Love ya--Sylvia